[read part 1 here]
Hooray, my e-cig is here! Free shipping took 4 business days (which I was stoked about because the main complaint from reviewers was shipping time).
I’m a sucker for good packaging: everything comes neatly tucked into a little black box, with instructions printed on the inside cover.
The batteries come partially charged, which is crucial to someone who can’t wait to fiddle with a new toy.
Assembly is simple, instructions are detailed and clear.
- Comes with a small pack that charges and stores an extra battery and cartridges.
- Each cartridge is equal to one pack of cigarettes (supposedly)
- 4 different flavors and strengths (I tried classic tobacco, which was decently flavored)
- Light indicators for when re-charging is needed
- 100% USA made
- 30 day money-back guarantee and 1 year parts warranty
- The device seems to be extremely sensitive, which could waste the cartridge if it isn’t stored properly in the pack
- There isn’t a way to recycle the cartridges, creating waste (but still much less than a box of cigarettes, plastic wrap, and butts)
Usage: Well, it’s not a cigarette (and doesn’t claim to be). That being said, I can absolutely accept this as a substitute. It took a few drags to get used to – you have to pull harder to get smoke, etc. But, knowing that I am putting less chemicals in my body, and am taking steps to eliminate nicotine all together, I will gladly make the adjustments.
Overall, I’m really happy with this purchase. JD tried it and ordered one too. We are on our way to being successful ex-smokers! Check out Blu or read reviews on other brands here.
Thoughts or experiences with e-cigs?
Blu is a good place to start, but most people who are serious about quitting eventually move to more powerful, longer-lasting setups. Blu and other “cigalike” products leave a lot to be desired, especially if you were a heavy smoker before picking up an e-cig. I’d strongly recommend looking into an Ego setup since it will provide much more vapor and easily last throughout the day 😉
I can show you how to refill them yourself with that polyfill you put into stuffed animals, some “eliquid” and a syringe or dropper – cuts down on waste & saves you a lot of $$ 🙂 I believe there are also YouTube instructional videos. E-cig people seem really into YouTube.